NovaTorque is a venture funded start-up company in Fremont, CA. NovaTorque has invented an exciting new motor technology that provides high efficiency and high power density operation. We are also evaluating and optimizing electronic drives to provide complete solutions to customers taking advantage of this new technology. We have an immediate need for an experienced Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer to improve current design and assembly techniques for the purpose of reducing total cost and improving yield.
Position Summary & Responsibilities
The Mechanical Sustaining Engineer will oversee all activity in the engineering laboratory and the engineering technicians that support the engineering organization. Furthermore, this position will involve product and equipment upgrades/changes to improve yields. This position reports to the Mechanical Engineering Manager. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with process engineering team, design and/or redesign existing manufacturing assembly fixtures, equipment and other tools.
- Actively monitor and guide the transfer of Engineering projects into production.
- Set up and manage a tracking process to monitor status of all Special Build Requests, and Production Build Requests. Provide regular updates.
- Work with functional groups to resolve or work around exceptions and delays to project schedule. Act as a liaison between engineering and operations.
- Act as back-up and support to the production team.
- Coordinate engineering support for production operations of New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Must exhibit strong leadership skills and initiative. Regular attendance is required.
- Team player with strong analytical skills and strong ability to motivate staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, materials or electrical engineering with at least 5 years of experience as Manufacturing Engineer.
- Five to Ten years of experience related to the design, fabrication and test of mechanical equipment. Rotating equipment preferred.
- Experience in high volume industries (50K/year) with mechanical products, such as automotive or disk drives, is highly desirable. Laser experience a plus.
- Familiarity with New Product Introduction (NPI) processes.
- Experienced designing with SolidWorks,
- Proven experience with Project Management, Writing of Clear Work Instruction and Manufacturing Processes, and Design for Manufacturing.
- Ability to coordinate effectively with engineering, marketing and manufacturing staff in a small team environment is required.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills. Strong written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communications skills.
Manufacturing Engineering experience in the following areas: Machining, Metal Fabrication, Die Cast/Sand Cast molding, High Strength Plastics, and establishment of raw materials standards, particularly as it relates to rotating machinery.